That there be a shuttle service defined to operate on the Kingston Corridor, Kingston’s “Main Street”…
1) The route: the Kingston Corridor Shuttle runs from Washington Avenue to the Rondout following the Kingston Corridor as defined in KingstonCorridor.com. It is a 3 mile route connecting uptown, midtown, the rondout
2) Service levels: twobusses run the path giving the interbus waiting time to be about 15 minutes or less. (In special cases, these numbers could be decreased or increased, depending on the service level required with proper public notice of any delays in schedule from the 15 minute intervale.
3) Schedules: for special events, weekends, and regular services…
a) the shuttle runs on special event days, which can include the farmers market, various uptown, midtown, rondout holidays and celebrations.
b) the shuttle always runs the full route, with it’s hours of operation noted
c) the shuttle service can be paid for as a package from Kingston Transportation, and can be purchased in 4 hour packages of operations. The event and the sponsor will be noted clearly on each bus
d) no regular scheduled service is provided absent the some determination of additional benefit vis a vis costs and ridership is determined.
3) Fees: the fee can be posted and may be
a) free, paid for by the sponsor
b) fixed fee for all day on and off use (to be determined)
c) based on the full fare, there is a reduced fee of $1 for any special groups, eg students, seniors, indigent…
4) consistent route: it is important the the shuttle follow a consistent route and that special route changes for events minimal if any: when the shuttle runs it operates for all the citizens in a reliable, predictable manner as well as serving the event…